de la Peña Cortines, Pilar
Institution: University of Oviedo
Center: Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Address: c/Fernando Bongera s/n
Edif. Santiago Gascón. Campus del Cristo B. E-33006.
Phone: + 34 98-5104211
Fax:+ 34 98-5103157
1. Hormonal regulation of ERG channel by G-protein coupled receptors.
- Identification of molecular components of the biochemical pathways involved in hormonal regulation of ERG channels by blockade of their expression or functionality.
- Comparison of mechanisms for hormonal regulation of ERG channels either in heterologous expression systems or in cells in which receptors and channels are endogenously expressed.
- Advancing the knowledge of h-ERG structural requirements for hormonal regulation of the channel.
2.- Analysis of structural architecture and conformational rearrangements of h-ERG channels.
- Generation of fluorescent channel collections randomly labelled with GFP variants using a transposon-based labelling approach.
- Analysis of the oligomeric structure of h-ERG measuring by FRET the distances between individual subunits tagged with CFP and YFP along the channel sequence.
- Analysis by FRET/TIRF and by disulfide bond formation between engineered cysteines pairs of h-ERG conformational rearrangements associated with channel function.
- Use of the collections of h-ERG CFP/VFP fusion proteins obtained by in vitro transposition to introduce new fluorophores able to improve resolution of FRET measurements.